Portola Systems, Inc. is a full-service IT and security consulting firm providing technical support to large and mid-sized organizations. Portola Systems culture is to ensure exceptional customer service, teamwork, on-going education, and opportunities for career growth within an exciting and ever-evolving environment.
Who Should Apply
Solid systems engineers with design capabilities – those experienced with systems engineering concepts, practices, and procedures that possess intrinsic motivation and intelligent judgment. This role is best for individuals that develop and accomplish goals both autonomously and within small work teams, those hungry for information, and those excited by continuous problem solving within a customer-facing role.
As a Tier-2 engineer on our systems administration and cloud enablement team, you will maintain recommended, and replace mission-critical systems, and constantly drive innovation. Functionally, you will design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze, and maintain the IT infrastructure of customer environments including Windows Server administration, virtualization, cloud, storage, and backup and recovery systems.
- System administration duties including Microsoft Server 2008-2012 R2, Directory Services Structure (AD, LDAP), DNS, Microsoft Exchange, and (potentially) Microsoft SQL administration/maintenance
- Perform system and application installs
- Manage Windows triage troubleshooting, resolution, and log analysis
- Lifecycle management, patching, analysis, recommendations and upgrades: server / storage infrastructure, hypervisor, operating systems and mission-critical applications and databases
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation including topologies, configurations, and policies
- Architect and implement Microsoft, VMware solutions and cloud-based systems (O365 – Azure, SharePoint, Exchange Online, File Sync, AWS, DR, Storage, Process and Compute)
- Level 2 support and incident escalation from Level 1 help desk requiring subject matter expertise
- Work alongside Security and Network Teams to develop, troubleshoot, and implement user authentication solutions (single-sign-on, multi-factor authentication, and RADIUS)
- Develop technical project outlines for recommended system implementation proposals
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting and/or on-call availability as needed
- Stay current with systems information, changes, and updates
- 3+ years relevant IT experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong documentation skills including technical report writing
- Experience with at least some of the following:
- Windows Server 2003-2012, Microsoft Exchange, Exchange Online/Office 365, Active Directory (AD, ADFS, Azure AD), DNS, SharePoint and SharePoint Online
- VMware (vSphere, vCenter, vCloud AIr), AWS
- Storage Technologies (HP, Dell, EMC, Nimble)
- PC and server virtualization software, virus protection and backup systems
- At least one Microsoft certification – MCSA (2008-2012), MCSE, MCITP
How to Apply
Please send your salary requirements, availability, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com and indicate “PSI T2 Support Engineer North Bay” in the subject line.